Sunday 25 September 2011

Veve Dream Girl Ellie Gonsalves


 We are excited to share our exclusive interview with Dream Girl Ellie Gonsalves.
She was happy to answer some questions about herself and being a Veve Dream Girl. 


How old are you? 20 years young.

Where did you grow up? I grew up on acreage outside of Brisbane, riding horses & bikes! Its one of my favorite past times - I had a really grounding, wild childhood!

Do you have brothers and sisters or are you an only child? I have a big family, I have two younger sisters & one older brother. Family is truly one of the most important factors in my life, I am really grateful for having them by my side.

When you were a little girl, what did you imagine you would be doing when you grew up? Definitely NOT modeling! Ha ha! When I was a little girl, I always envisioned myself to be an actress or a singer... I was such a tomboy, so I always wanted to be in a Batman movie as a touch chick – something like a cat woman character!

As a little girl, who were the people that you looked up to or wanted to be like?
I’ve always been someone to have a very crazy, vivid imagination & I wanted to be a singer/actress. I really looked up to people like Delta Goodrem, Mandy Moore & one of my closest friends Hayley through school. Throughout my life I have realized that I need tangible people to look up to, so people I know personally who I believe have great success at what they do have been a big impact on me & my personal journey of development.

Who inspires you now, and why?
I have very many influences in my life for all different reasons. The closest people to me know I am such an in depth thinker & have role models for all areas of my life. For example, my career as an international model I look up to the women who have gone before me & achieved the things I want to achieve; I look up to names like Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington & Elle Macpherson. Health & Fitness - Anthony Robbins and again Miranda Kerr. Spirituality & Positive Mindset – Anthony Robbins, Miranda Kerr, Rhonda Byrne & Deepak Chopra. Family & Work/Life Balance – Anthony Robbins & Phillip Di Bella. These people tie into my bigger picture & give me guidance as to how to achieve my goals in all of these specific areas. I also really look up to my partner Ross, he has had a huge part in making me the person I am now – positive circle of influence is everything & he has given me such a vast education on many areas of life & succeeding in everything I set my heart to achieving.

Do you have another job besides modeling?
Ever since leaving school in 2008, I started modeling full time & landed my first international cover at 19, since then my career has grown through dedication, goal setting & belief in myself when others didn’t. When leaving school I had so many peoples opinions in my ear as to how to start my life & what they thought I should do, but at that time I had a dream & a vision (which I definitely did not have as much clarity on as I do today) as to what direction I wanted to go & who I wanted to take with me on that journey & have never looked back. It has taught me to always follow my heart & be my own person.

Why and how did you get started in modeling? At age 13, I was scouted in Brisbane City by an agency while I was shopping with my mum. I thought it was a joke at first, you wouldn’t have gotten me into a dress or makeup for a million dollars when I was that age, especially because of how tomboyish I was! After going into the agency with my mum, I received work throughout my school life (although I limited modeling jobs as the main focus was my school work). I then really started to enjoy it in my last few years of highschool once I grew into myself & enjoyed being a bit more girly.

What 5 words best describe your personality? Passionate, Creative, Positive, Loving & Inspiring.

BEING A VEVE DREAM GIRL

Why did you enter the Face of Veve competition? Two years ago now I entered the first ‘Face of Veve Swimwear’ competition, with my positive outlook & confidence behind me I had a call from Vanessa, the director of Veve Swimwear, congratulating me on taking out the winning spot out of hundreds of hopefuls around Australia. Since then I have become an ambassador for Veve Swimwear & have formed such incredible relationships with very special people because of it… Again, I felt as though I had to follow my heart & enter the competition - I am so happy I did! The other 3 Veve Dream Girls - Becky, Renee & Dani are a group of girls I adore with my entire heart – Vanessa couldn’t have picked a better group of girls who get along as well as we all do! When we were on location together shooting the new collection we were always in fits of laughter at each other especially when it came to speaking to the camera. They are three girls who really shine from the inside out & make me feel the true value of friendship.

What does being a Veve Dream Girl mean to you? A Veve Dream Girl to me is a confident, healthy, driven, positive & passionate girl. Someone who follows their dreams with confidence & drive no matter how far away they may seem. It is about shining from the inside out for the world to see, whilst sharing your passion with the people surrounding you. I believe following your goals & dreams out loud gives others silent permission to follow their own - you don't need to TRY to inspire, your journey speaks for itself & your story naturally inspires others.

What collection describes your personality best?

Day Dream Glamorous, Sparkly & Classy: I am most definitely, without a doubt a ‘Day Dream’ girl! I love my swimwear to be something that represents my inner personality which can sometimes be difficult when you are wearing so little, but Veve has been the swimwear label that has nailed my vision of a sexy but classy bikini range that says a lot about who I am & how I feel. I like being that girl that sparkles!

What do you love about Veve? I’ve always been in search of swimwear that was completely flattering on my figure & truly made me feel special & confident every time I wear it. When you feel confident you shine from the inside out. Being an ambassador for Veve for the second year in a row now, I have been so privileged to wear all of the swimsuits that have been released & there is not one that didn’t make me feel like a princess.

How do you feel when you wear Veve? Veve makes me feel like the only girl on the beach, when you wear Veve no other swimsuit or girl wearing it can compare... All eyes are on YOU!

Where do you wear your Veves? I wear my Veves whenever & wherever I possibly can, I travel to the snow & take 10 pairs with me in the hope I can wear them in the hot tub… I have worn Veve around the world, from the heat of Las Vegas to the snow in New Zealand! There is not one place I travel without my Veves!




Coming soon will be more interviews with our stunning Dream Girls.


Veve x

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.-Harriet Tubman












No comments:

Post a Comment